Pages

Thursday 10 August 2017

Final Year Goals

1. Get a first. Yes, this is everyone's never-ever dream but the difference between wishing and dreaming is a hell of a lot of hard work and perspiration. My track record (2:1 in first and second year) suggests that this is a challenging but feasible goal. So let's do this!

2. Improve my Italian. I've already improved from being on Erasmus but final year is a great opportunity to improve even further and become really fluent. How will I do that? There are tons of Italians around Galway, who are only too happy to help helpless NUIG students improve their speaking skills.

3. Learn to cook (properly). As in, like actually following (simple) recipes. Maybe even trying dishes from exotic cuisines like Middle Eastern or Southern Soul Food (don't laugh, I'm a simple girl at heart). Maybe I'll post the fruits of my labours on here for you to laugh at admire.

4. Get a career plan. This may or may not involve simply pre-ordering the #girlboss workbook and "Lean In for Millennials" and letting them gather dust on my bookshelf but hopefully I'll be heading in the right direction. I may even find an internship that doesn't ask me to pay $5000 to work for free. (Yay!)

5. Get a blog up and running. Yep that would be this blog right here. This is the calm before the storm, come December and my blog posts will be months apart and consist only of teary faced emojis and photos of stacks of books and maybe a long line of zzzzzzzzzz'zzz. You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment